Sunday 4 September 2011

My very first post on my very first blog...

Right, here goes!

My name is Kate and I am a Primary School Teacher from York but now living in Leeds. Welcome to my blog! As of yet, I have no idea how interesting it will be but I'll try to at least amuse you if you stick with me.

Lauren,  who will be referred to as Le Wife in several postings, began her blog with a list of things she liked because, like me at this very second, she had no idea how to start her blog. As I am Le Husband and generally whats mine is hers, I am going to borrow this as a starting point and way of introducing myself.

6 Things I like...in no particular order.
1) Cuddles: Men out there need to know that they ARE important and A VERY BIG DEAL. At the moment, Chief Cuddler goes to my somewhat long-suffering husband, Richard. Perhaps I need to tone it down as I have now earned the nickname "Barnacle Kate" (another alternative name for the blog and signature). Anyway, until I get a squishy baby of my own to constantly mollycoddle, I will have to make do with friends, Husband, little nephew Zak (when I can bribe them out of him....he is only a year and a half), my little monkeymonks/baby sister Sandra and other peoples babies. Yes, I am aware of the connotations of this but your little ones have nothing to fear.

2) Babies and children: They are the most wonderful things on earth and although I love my job as a teacher, I cannot wait to be a Mum and feel that this is my true calling in life. I love watching them grow and learning new things. Like most teachers, I get a massive kick out of seeing knowledge click into place and helping shape these kids bit by bit. I also vow to post funny sayings and pictures etc from the kids. Unfortunately I threw out accidentally the lion that looked like Lord Voldemort (the kid saw the funny side and agreed so am not a total cow). Actually, it's a good thing I'm already married as if I was looking for a potential boyfriend, points 1 and 2 would be enough to send a sane man running in the other direction. I give off Crazy Baby Lady (CBL) vibes. I'm working on it. Or on him, I should say. Metaphorically of course...oh dear.

3) Being a Mormon: As this is my blog, my rules. This isn't a bible bashing/mormon bashing area. So please don't. I am a repector of all religions and ways of life even if I have a different opinion and hope that others reading this blog are the same. I love being a member of this church. Not only have I met some amazing people and made eternal friendships, this way of life gives me the opportunity to progress and become a better person. The Lord and my church family love me, no matter how far I fall short (which is alot, much of the time) and for that I am forever thankful and have much to be grateful for. Even on rubbish days!

4) Movies and TV: Now, these two forms of entertainment get me through a heck of a lot of marking! I'd love for this blog to be a place to talk about stuff like this (NO SPOILERS FOR "24"). At the minute, Richard and I are in the middle of Series 2 of 24 and season 6 of Supernatural. We also love Glee and Boardwalk Empire (or Boobwalk Empire as Rich has now called it). Too much TV is not good and I need to find a form of exercise to balance my life out a bit as I do get very sluggish! Here's to trying Zumba!

5) Cooking: I enjoy it and am trying to put more time and effort into it rather than shoving stuff from the freezer into the oven. NOT the kind of mum and wife I want to be. I am also "fake veggie" which further complicates things- I eat fish but no other meat (so I think it's a Peschtarian, spelling not checked) a subject that strangers constantly feel the need to challenge me on. In short, little lamb named Blackie ended up on our dinner table. Fish was the compromise I made with my parents and it's stuck since then. Any yummy recipes, send them my way!

6) My family: I am the second of 6 children. My parents are great and I do love my siblings, even when they drive me bonkers. I'm married into a fabulous church-going family who take the meaning of the word "family" to a whole new level. I have an amazing, gentle hubby who is often more than I deserve. Without being all Miss America/winner of a VMA, I am truly blessed. You'll definately be hearing more about the family as the blog goes on...

Ok, that's 6! I could go on I suppose but I think that's enough for now. Plus, it's an even number. I'm back to school for the start of a new year and have a training day tomorrow.
For now I hope my blog has given you a little insight into me and my life!

Speak soon!

Kate x x x

2 comments:

  1. Le Wife le approves of you borrowing said posting idea. Welcome to the blogosphere. Xxx

    ReplyDelete